Nightmare on 13th has come to be a household name in Utah, and for good reason. Featuring 36,000 square-feet of room for terrorizing willing souls since 1990, read on to learn more about why Nightmare on 13th has had honorable recognitions as one of the industry’s most successful haunted attractions (Haunted Attraction Magazine), one of America’s scariest attractions (Travel Channel), and one of America’s best haunted houses (USA Today).
Table of Contents
- Nightmare on 13th Location
- Nightmare on 13th Attractions: New Scares From Your Worst Nightmares in 2022
- Things to Know Before You Go
- Nightmare on 13th Hours
- Nightmare on 13th Tickets and Pricing
- Nightmare on 13th Coupons, Discounts, and Deals
Nightmare on 13th Location
Phone: (801) 467-8100
Nightmare on 13th is located in the Ballpark neighborhood of Salt Lake City. It is very easily accessible from Interstate-15, right off the freeway exit (eastbound). You can’t miss it!
Nightmare on 13th Attractions: New Scares From Your Worst Nightmares in 2022
Nightmare on 13th truly raises the bar, not only for other haunted attractions in the area, but also for themselves. Every year, they are proud to present 13 uniquely themed “nightmares”, but rest assured that you’ll never see the same set twice. Those nightmares include:
- Black Water – Don’t anger the Hoodoo Queen or she’ll curse you with her Black Magic.
- Deep Freeze – Tread lightly through this Yeti-ridden iced-over temple.
- Nightmare Alley – Do not interrupt the monsters’ worshipping of the Great Pumpkin…or else!
- Dark Ride of Terror – Just FYI – it’s probably not a good idea to walk through a classic dark ride operated by killer carnies…
- I-Scream – A group of killer clowns have taken over an abandoned ice cream factory, but beware of the ingredients in their new product.
- Helheim – Don’t get caught going through this Nordic Nightmare.
- Ossuary – This Crypt beast thrives on the pain and bones of its victims.
- Call of Cthulhu – Here you’ll find yourself abandoned on an island of terrifying temple ruins and fish-like monstrosities. Need we say more?
- The Hex of Sleepy Hallow – Be kind to these two sisters, or else their magical hex will curse anyone who crosses their path!
- Black Thorn Manor – Beware: the ghosts that haunt its halls echo the horrors of its past.
- The Depths – The dark cavernous world where the creatures of the dark live in search of The Void…
- Swamp Blood – Be careful of the Hoodoo Queen’s precious “pet” or it will be your blood filling this swamp.
- Dark Harvest – The Harvester’s greatest Seed of Evil has just been planted. What will come of it?
All of the above feature second-to-none theming and storytelling. These, and professionally trained actors; professionally crafted costumes, masks, and makeup; cutting-edge animatronics, and audio/lighting effects lie within the walls of Nightmare on 13th’s 36,000 square-foot facility. Give Nightmare a visit for an immersive and genuinely creepy and scary experience. It’ll be a guaranteed evening full of unexpected jumps and screaming your lungs out!
They even keep you entertained in the courtyard where you enter to the waiting queue inside.
Psst! Your group also gets a free picture taken with a character before going in!
Things to Know Before You Go
- The walk-through event takes about 45-60 minutes to get through.
- Parental discretion is advised. Nightmare on 13th does not require a minimum age, but it is recommended that anyone 10 years old or younger have an adult accompany them through the attraction.
- The attraction does have strobe lights in some areas.
- The attraction does feature a tesla coil which may affect pacemakers.
- The attraction does utilize some water misting devices for effect but they shouldn’t be a problem for hearing aids or other small electronic devices.
- No ticket refunds.
Nightmare on 13th Hours
Opening weekend for the 2022 Halloween season is September 16th and 17th, and they operate on Fridays and Saturdays (no weekdays) for the rest of September.
Nightmare on 13th is then open all of October 2022 and the first weekend in November. Generally speaking, their open hours are as follows:
|7:30 pm-10:00 pm
|Friday and Saturday
We will update this section once they release their calendar schedule for 2022.
Nightmare on 13th Tickets and Pricing
General admission is $25.00 per person, but you can pay extra for extra perks like fast-pass tickets for $35.00 or VIP special entrance tickets for $45.00.
We will update this section once they release their ticketing information and pricing for 2022.
Nightmare on 13th Coupons, Discounts, and Deals
Historically, Nightmare on 13th has offered exclusive coupons and discounts through their email newsletter, so be sure to sign up to get them!
They have also had deals on Groupon, Utah Kids Club, Utah.com, and CityDeals.com. Be sure to check back to see what they offer in 2022.